Some of the most unpleasant companions of the summer are the mosquitoes. We all fear their bites. Their buzzing noise keeps us awake at night, when they are especially active. With the heat move like a fish in water. The mosquitoes -who are always females - use their sophisticated sense of smell to detect us by our body odor. They are attracted to the carbon dioxide we give off when we breathe, as well as to the lactic acid we secrete in our sweat.
The mosquitoes They sting everyone equally, surprisingly enough. What happens is that some people's natural odor disorients them. It is also true that not all bodies react in the same way. Some skin is more sensitive to bites. Some people react with swelling that takes time to heal. It is also true that the mosquitoes are particularly attracted by the pregnant women.
Natural mosquito repellents
- Lemon with cloves. You can cut a lemon in half and stick about ten cloves in its pulp (e.g., cloves, cloves, cloves, cloves, cloves, cloves, cloves, cloves, cloves, cloves).Syzygium aromaticum) in each of its two halves. If you cut several lemons, put each of them on a plate and distribute them in different rooms of the house, you will have an effective repellent for two or three days.
- The aroma of the basil(Ocimum basilicum) confuses the olfactory system of the mosquitoes and scares them away. A flowerpot on the terrace, the window or in the room of the house where we are will be enough.
- Citronella essential oil. Aromatherapy is another alternative to repel insects. The essential oil of citronella can be diluted in a cream and then applied to the skin. Another option is to put a few drops on the collar of your pajamas or pillow. There are also candles of citronella that can be lit on the terrace. Other effective essential oils are geranium, laurel, lavender and eucalyptus. Add a few drops in a vaporizer or aroma diffuser.
Have you tried any of these alternatives? How have they worked for you? Do you know more natural repellents? We invite you to leave your comment at the end of this post. ;-)
And what can we do with the stings?
- We offer you our Zap-It! It is a device to alleviate the insect bites most common: mosquito, tiger mosquitobees and wasps. Within two hours after the sting, it should be used to create mild, harmless but effective electric shocks to reduce the wound and quickly relieve itching and scratching.
- Remember that the aloe vera gel is also effective in case of insect bitesreduces swelling and relieves itching.
[resum] [resumThe ones that bite us are always females. They use their sophisticated sense of smell to detect us by our body odor. They are attracted to the carbon dioxide we give off when we breathe, as well as the lactic acid we secrete in our sweat.[/resume]
Photo downloaded: Pict Rider