There are numerous benefits of consuming seasonal vegetables, including respecting the cycle of nature and eating in accordance with it. But not only that: your pocket will thank you and your palate, even more. Autumn is full of fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants to strengthen your defenses. Here is a list of autumn vegetables to take care of yourself inside and out.
Selection of seasonal vegetables
- The cauliflower is a food with a very complete nutritional profile, it has very few calories but contains numerous vitamins and minerals necessary for our body. Among them: fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, choline and manganese. It is one of the fruits of the season that generates a feeling of satiety, thanks to its fiber content, and helps maintain good intestinal health. It is also a good source of antioxidants and is an ideal substitute for pasta, rice and flour. A creative recipe to use cauliflower is by using it as a pizza basehere is the recipe.
- The red cabbage is rich in vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants and has very low caloric intake. It is often used in salads and as an accompaniment to all kinds of dishes, thanks to its sweet taste.
- Delicate in flavor, this seasonal vegetable contains a lot of water and fiber and only about 48 calories. It is the zucchiniIt contains notable amounts of essential nutrients such as folic acid, potassium, iron, manganese, vitamin A and vitamin C, the latter only being used if consumed raw or lightly steamed. It is a digestive food that also contributes to normal cardiovascular function and healthy bones. Recipes with zucchini? Endless! But we leave you with this one from cheese stuffed zucchini boats.
- The artichoke is one of the seasonal vegetables that are a real nutritional treasure because they have very few calories. They are rich in vitamins, proteins, fiber, phosphorus and potassium and can be steamed, baked, boiled or fried. Have you already tasted the artichoke? It is a good way to substitute the traditional potato chips for these homemade ones, easy to prepare and delicious.
- Very versatile in the kitchen, the green beans strengthen the immune system and are rich in fiber. They are rich in vitamin C, A and zinc, their fiber content helps the intestinal transit and their high concentration of vitamin K helps maintain healthy bones.
- The endivesThe slightly bitter taste, they are one of those seasonal vegetables that can become a very healthy and appetizing appetizer. They are rich in fiber, carbohydrates and proteins and can be used in salads or as a side dish with anchovies or cheese, for example.
- We know for a fact that the carrot helps to tan the skin and is good for the eyesight, but its consumption has many more benefits. Because of its high water content, it is diuretic and helps the disintegration of kidney stones, it is also rich in potassium and phosphorus, which help the nervous system. Its high fiber content helps fight constipation and eating it raw strengthens teeth and gums. Salads, creams, casseroles, side dishes and desserts, nothing can resist this vegetable. If you want to learn how to make a carrot cake Fit, click here. here.
- The celery is a low-calorie food but rich in fiber, mineral salts and vitamin C and E. It is the vegetable with the lowest energy value after cucumber and helps to exert a diuretic function due to its high water content. Soups, juices or its stems in salads are the recipes with which it is most commonly used, although you can also use it to dip hummus, have you tried it?
- Popeye's myth aside, the spinach are one of those seasonal vegetables that you can not miss this fall. They are beneficial for bone health thanks to their high content in vitamin K, also to take care of our cardiovascular health, for its content in vitamin A and C and lutein. They are rich in antioxidants and due to their content in potassium, carotenes and flavonoids, which contribute to normal intellectual performance. All a super food with which to prepare countless recipes such as a green smoothie or these delicious meatballs.
- The pumpkin is a digestive vegetable that strengthens the defenses, is an antioxidant and helps to take care of the urinary system. And all this because it has 90% of water in its composition, in addition to very few calories and carbohydrates. Folic acid, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc are some of the minerals and vitamins for which it stands out, although even more important is its high content of beta-carotene and oleic, palmitic, linoleic and amino acids. Creams, salads, sautéed, hamburgers... pumpkin is a very versatile vegetable.
Do you miss any typical vegetable of this season? You can tell us about it in comments.