The asthenia is a generalized feeling of tiredness and weakness, both physical and psychological, which manifests itself in everyday life. It is in spring when the discomfort is more common and that is why we talk about spring asthenia. Surely you have ever noticed that feeling of tiredness, which disappears after a few weeks. Perhaps you are also familiar with some of these symptoms: lack of appetite, nervousness, sadness, fatigue and lack of vitality, headache, apathy, lowering of the defenses... The cause of the spring asthenia has to do with adaptation to seasonal changes. One in ten people between the ages of 20 and 50 years usually suffer from spring astheniaIt is more common in women.
Healthy habits to overcome spring asthenia
- Follow regular eating schedules and eat five times throughout the day. Remember that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
- Avoid abundant meals: they increase tiredness and sleepiness. Carbohydrates are essential to maintain good energy tone. Drinking waterjuices and broths will help you eliminate toxins.
- Practice a gentle sport or relaxation exercises.
- Have a light dinner at least two hours before going to bed.
- Try always go to sleep at the same time and sleep as long as necessary.
Medicinal plants to reduce fatigue
Among the Medicinal plants to combat fatigue and fatigue asthenia highlight the ginseng (Panax ginseng) and the eleutherococcus (Eleutherococcus senticosus). Against mild depression and to improve physical activity, you can opt for the hypericum (Hypericum perforatum) o St. John's wortof wide traditional use in our country.
Source: Spanish Association for Phytotherapy and Responsible Nutrition (Afinur)
[resum] [resumSpring asthenia is a generalized feeling of tiredness and weakness, both physical and psychological. Its symptoms include lack of appetite, nervousness, sadness, fatigue and lack of vitality, headache, apathy and low defenses.[/resume]