If you are one of those people who need more arguments to convince yourself that you need to eat fruit every day and not just because your mother or your doctor says so, but because of the countless benefits they bring to our health, in this post we leave you five of the benefits they bring us and five fruits that can help you have a healthier life.
Fruit is one of those foods with curative properties that can be used in the treatment of to help us in the preventive phase . Each one has its own characteristics and medicinal benefits, which we need to know in order to vary our diet according to our state of health.
What are the benefits of consuming fruits?
- Fruits provide us with a large amount of vitamins and minerals. The vitamin that is most abundant in fruits is vitamin C. Popularly there is the belief that we can only find it in oranges and tangerines but this necessary vitamin is also very present in kiwis, strawberries, raspberries and citrus fruits.
Vitamin C contains a high antioxidant power, which makes it an ally of the tissues and cells of our body. This vitamin must be replenished daily through food, since our body is not able to accumulate it and its excess is eliminated in the urine.
- They hydrate the body quickly. Fruits provide us with liquids that help hydrate our organism. Very important after the practice of sport and in periods in which the temperatures are high.
- Some fruits help the proper functioning of the digestive system and promote better digestion. Pineapple contains a digestive enzyme called Bromelain, which increases the speed of digestion and is ideal for digesting proteins. Papaya is another natural source of digestive protease enzymes that will help us in the digestive process.
- Other fruits facilitate the drainage of liquids as they are diuretics and purifiers of the organism. The apple is one of the healthiest fruits, as well as detoxifying and slimming. This fruit helps to eliminate waste and harmful substances from the body..
- Consumed daily, fruits help prevent cardiovascular problems, digestive disorders and neurodegenerative diseases, as well as helping to fight against overweight.
The benefits that fruits can provide are as wide as the variety that exists throughout the planet. To speak only of five fruits is to speak of a very small sample. Even so, we have selected five fruits with great health benefits available to everyone in any greengrocer's or supermarket.
- Cherries: uric acidThis small fruit is rich in vitamins A, B, C, E, K, besides being a source of iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and sulfur. Contains essential nutrients for the body. Its regular consumption allows a significant reduction in uric acid levels, thanks to its high anthocyanin content. In addition, its benefits for the heart and colon have also been demonstrated.
2. Kiwi: Respiratory system and cholesterol
- Kiwifruits are a faithful ally and a protective food against respiratory problems and cardiac pathologies. Its properties are also beneficial for improving cardiovascular health, regulating blood pressure and reducing cholesterol levels.kiwifruit is considered a superfood due to its high content of vitamin C, fiber, potassium and antioxidants. To maximize its benefits it is advisable to consume it ripeThis will provide it with higher amounts of antioxidants, which enhance its health benefits.
- Strawberries: tension
Nutritionally they are all advantages, low in fat and calories, high in fiber, antioxidants and folic acid. Strawberries are also a source of B vitamins such as B6, niacin, riboflavin and pantothenic acid. They also have a considerable amount of vitamin C and contribute to bone health because they contain magnesium, potassium and vitamin K.
Another benefit is that they help reduce blood pressure and ensure cardiovascular health.
- Blueberries: infections and diarrhea
These healthy fruits represent an inexhaustible source of essential nutrients and compounds such as phenolic acids and flavonoids which stimulate the immune system. Several studies have pointed out its ability to improve resistance against microorganisms that cause bacterial infections.
- Watermelon: cerebrovascular accidents
Very refreshing in summer, watermelons also offer great skin care benefits. This fruit also contains a type of amino acid that promotes dilation of blood vesselshelping to reduce blood pressure and preventing strokes and heart attacks.
As you can see it is not a myth what our mothers and grandmothers told us about how good fruits are for our health. A lot of research has shown us that there are many arguments that support those comments of our relatives after every meal and from Plameca we encourage you to include fruit as an essential element in your diet.