The streets of our cities are full of runners. There are more and more sports clubs of the most diverse disciplines. To a greater or lesser extent, we are all looking for the benefits and values that sport brings us. sportThe risk of cardiovascular health, releasing tension, keeping stress at bay, sleeping well, interacting with other people, working as part of a team... It is also true that there is a risk of get hurt. That is why in this post we want to warn you of some aspects to take into account for taking care of your joints and thus avoid injury.
- We always tell you that a healthy and balanced diet is the basis for good health. It should be rich in fruits and vegetables, which provide us with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and low in saturated fats.
- It is always necessary to weight control. The overweight puts extra and unnecessary pressure on the joints.
- If you are a runnerYou may have noticed that your ankles and knees suffer more when running on a hard surface such as asphalt. It is always better to running on a soft floorYou've also noticed how hard it is for your knees when you run on steep downhills. You may also have noticed how hard it is for your knees when you run on steep downhills.
- You must wear a appropriate footwear (not the most expensive one you find in the sport store, but the one that meets your needs). If you run, you have to choose shoes that adapt to your stride and the terrain where you usually train. If you practice another sport, you must take into account the most common injuries and, to cite two examples, wear a boot that supports your ankle well or a shoe with a reinforced back to protect the Achilles tendon.
- The warm-up and stretching at the beginning and at the end of the workout are essential. Some people start with a gentle 10-minute run and then stretch, while others reverse this order. It is just as important to stretch all the muscles before and after exercise.
- All elite sportsmen and women do their best to strengthening the musculature around the joints. So, if you want to keep your knees in perfect condition, you will have to do specific exercises to strengthen the quadriceps and hamstrings.
Did you find these tips useful and would you add any more?
[resum] [resumThe first thing you should keep in mind to take care of your joints and avoid injuries is to follow a healthy and balanced diet and control your weight. Stretching is essential before and after sports practice.[/resume]