The insomnia is one of the disorders that most affects our society. It is estimated that between 8% and 10% of the Spanish population suffers from chronic insomnia and the transient insomnia -that which lasts for several weeks and then disappears- reaches 40% of the population of any western country. These are data provided by Dr. Diego García-Borregueropresident of the Spanish Sleep Society. They are more likely to not sleep well the elderly, women and those suffering from psychological ailments (anxiety, depression...).
The insomnia can manifest itself in different ways: difficulty in reconciling work and family life. dreamIf you are one of those who find it difficult to wake up early and feel as if you have not had enough rest. If you are one of those people who find it difficult to sleep wellyou may be interested in incorporating some of these habits to promote a healthy lifestyle. restful sleep.
10 tips to overcome insomnia
- Do not take a nap if you are not in the habit of doing so. Napping will only help you to sleep well in the evening if you are able to release the tensions accumulated until noon.
- Forget about stimulating substances such as coffee, black tea or chocolate.
- Exercise regularly, especially in the late afternoon (go for a walk or a run, for example). Physical exercise tires the organism and this induces the dream more easily.
- Take a relaxing hot bath one or two hours before bedtime. You can also practice yoga, meditation or rituals that calm your mind.
- Eat a balanced diet, have dinner early and little quantity.
- When it gets dark, close the blinds and lower the light intensity. You will help the body to differentiate again between wakefulness and dream.
- Keep a regular bedtime schedule (even on weekends). Go to bed at the same time and always set your alarm clock for the same time, regardless of how well you rested the night before.
- But, go to bed only when you have dream. Get up if you can't get to sleep: go to another room and read, listen to the radio or watch TV until you feel sleepy. dream.
- Put worries out of your mind when you are already in bed. Concentrate on pleasant memories and thoughts.
- A good natural remedy to get a good night's sleep is the melatonin. The melatonin helps to reduce the time needed to reconcile work and family life. dream. The beneficial effect is obtained with the intake of 1 mg of melatonin shortly before going to sleep, and it is advisable to always do it at the same time.
We hope that, by putting some of these habits into practice, you will regain the normal patterns of dream. And if you have suffered insomnia for some time and now you are fortunate enough to sleep wellWhat new habits have you incorporated to achieve it? Your tips can be useful for many other people. Happy dreams!
[resum]Insomnia is one of the disorders that most affects our society. If you find it difficult to sleep well, take note of some habits to promote a restful sleep. You should also know that melatonin helps to reduce the time needed to fall asleep.[/resum].
Photo: © ComZeal - Fotolia