Quinoa is still a great unknown for many, who do not dare to introduce it in their recipes. Today we present a recipe of quinoa bowl, vegetables with seitan and poached egg that, besides being healthy, is very complete.
It is designed to take care of your figure while enjoying tasty, colorful and easy-to-prepare dishes.
Here are all the ingredients you need to prepare this delicious recipe of quinoa. The quantities are designed to make it for 4 people, but you can easily adapt it to the number of diners you are.
- 250 grams of quinoa
- 450 ml of water or broth
- 1/2 leek
- 300 gr of seitan
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 fresh eggs
- Chives chopped to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- White pepper
- Optional: a couple of small spoonfuls of black sesame seeds
Preparation of this quinoa recipe
Here you have the step by step to prepare this delicious recipe:
- Put a dash of olive oil in a pan over medium heat and toast the quinoa.
- Add water/broth and salt. Cover the pot and put it on high heat until the water boils and once it is boiling, lower the heat to minimum until the liquid is consumed and without uncovering the pot.
- Remove from heat and let it stand for about 5 minutes without uncovering. Once this time has elapsed you can move the quinoa grains with a fork and set aside.
- Clean and chop the leek and the zucchini. The leek smaller and the zucchini in cubes, as we will do with the seitan.
- In another pan, sauté the leek and add the seitan and zucchini. Let it cook until the zucchini is tender and season to taste.
- Add the quinoa, chopped chives and black sesame, if you have chosen to add it. Stir and set aside.
- For the poached egg, place a saucepan with water over medium heat and add the vinegar (1 tablespoon). When the water is hot, turn it with a spoon and carefully pour the egg in the center of the swirl that you will have created. Take it out with a skimmer after 3-4 minutes and do the same, one by one, with the rest of the eggs.
- Serve the quinoa in a bowl, place the egg on top and use your imagination when decorating the dish.
Did you like this recipe? Tell us in comments and discover many more. here.