Digestive enzymes are molecules created by our body that are responsible for breaking down the polymers present in food into smaller molecules so that they can be easily absorbed. In other words: enzymes are essential for healthy digestion.
For this reason, they must be cared for. A poor diet or aging can reduce enzyme production and damage the body.
Each enzyme has a specific function: some are responsible for the transport of nutrients, others for the elimination of toxic waste or the purification of blood in the liver or the nutrition of the brain.
Types of digestive enzymes
There are three types of digestive enzymes according to the type of food on which they act.
Lipases are those that digest fats. After their breakdown into fatty acids and glycerol, they are synthesized by the pancreas.
Proteases are those that break the peptide bonds of proteins, reducing them to organic monomers called amino acids. They originate in the stomach or pancreas.
The so-called amylases degrade starches and complex sugars in the diet by breaking the glycidic bonds, releasing mososaccharides (especially glucose). There are 3 types of amylases: ptyalin, pancreatic amylase and duodenal amylase.
Benefits of digestive enzymes
- They aid digestion and reduce the so-called "acidity".
- They reduce the sensation of bloating and gas.
- Improves digestion of dairy products.
- Decrease food allergies due to the good digestion of proteins.
- Improve hiatal hernia and ulcer conditions.
Foods containing digestive enzymes
There are some natural foods that contain digestive enzymes. Keep in mind that the enzymes in most foods are reduced when cooked. That is why the foods that contain the most enzymes are fruits and vegetables.
The papaya for example, it has an enzyme called papain, which is useful for people who do not produce enough papain. enzymes pancreatic enzymes, which cause the symptoms of indigestion, such as gas, bloating and flatulence.
The pineapple has a high bromelain content, which acts as an aid to ingestion, and also helps to decrease the inflammation.
The kiwi contains actinidin, an enzyme which acts as a catalyst for protein digestion. Also raw vegetables, especially green vegetablessuch as broccoli, celery and parsley, contain high doses of enzymes.
The bee honey also improves digestion. Contains digestive enzymes that help to improve intestinal movement and food absorption.
As mentioned above, digestive enzymes are essential for good health. It can happen that the digestive enzyme system does not function well and nutrients are poorly absorbed, so that nutrition is no longer optimal.
If food passes into the large intestine without being digested, the bacteria present ferment it, causing discomfort such as flatulence, bloating and diarrhea.
Enzymes can be depleted from our body for various reasons, such as natural aging of the body or diseases. In addition, when cooking food most of the enzymes are destroyed and all the enzyme work has to be done by the endocrine system.
For these reasons it is advisable to take a regular supplementation of digestive enzymes to help and alleviate the work of the pancreas and the organism.
Digestíssimoh! is the ideal complement for main meals, whose main objective is to make digestion easier and to allow you to enjoy your meals. It contains digestive enzymes, probiotics, medicinal plants and basic salts to protect the entire gastrointestinal tract.
What are its properties?
- Digestive enzymes; contains two types of enzymes (proteases and fermented rice starch), which help break down food substances to improve their absorption, as well as cellulose, lactose or lipids. Contains 300 GDUs, i.e. protein digestion units.
- Marine Coral; these are basic salts with a high calcium and magnesium content that help to reduce and eliminate these symptoms of acidity.
- Ginger; is a plant widely used therapeutically as a digestion stimulant and carminative. It helps you digest faster because of the active ingredients of the rhizome.
- Probiotics; different species of bacteria that help regulate the intestinal flora.