More and more people are deciding to get in shape with the running. If you are one of them, congratulations! In this post we will give you arguments to encourage your friends to take up this sport. If you are not yet runnerRita Vargas lists 10 benefits that the running can bring to your body and mind.
Benefits for your body
- You reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. If you exercise regularly, you are much less likely to suffer from obesity (and with it type II diabetes), cholesterol and triglycerides high, e hypertension.
- Improve the cardiorespiratory system. If the first few days you can't run for long, don't worry. Don't push yourself either. You will see that after a few sessions you will have gained endurance.
- You prevent osteoporosis. Yes, the running prevents bones from losing density and keeps them strong.
- Strengthen all your muscles. The running is a very complete sport. You work legs, arms, abdomen and back.
- Allows weight control and weight loss. It is an aerobic exercise that increases caloric expenditure. The best recipe to eliminate the extra kilos is a diet adjusted to energy expenditure and physical exercise.
- Decreases body fatIt's not just for aesthetics, it's for your health!
Benefits of running for your mind
- Facilitates rest. The more active the day has been, the better you sleep. We have already explained in the post dedicated to insomnia to perform exercise late in the day, it helps you to sleep well.
- Combats anxiety and stress. Going for a run allows you to leave your tensions behind, as it secretes endorphins, the so-called happiness hormones.
- Increases self-esteem. Being fit makes you feel better about yourself. Although it may seem contradictory, if you go for a run first thing in the morning, you will see how you face the day with more energy.
- Improve relationships with others. The runnig is also a weapon of socialization. You can practice it in a group, as we said at the beginning of the article, and share experiences.
It is never too late to start with the runningBut if you have passed the 40's barrier, let your doctor advise you. And remember what we told you in the post on taking care of your joints to avoid injuriesWear appropriate footwear and stretch before and after running.
[resum] [resumRunning brings benefits to both your body (it reduces the risk of disease, helps you lose weight and strengthens bones and muscles) and your mind (you increase self-esteem and manage stress better).[/resume]
Source: VARGAS, Rita (2015) "10 benefits of running", in. Readings No. 3,912 (January 28)