Mexican culture brings with it a very colorful and appetizing gastronomy. Today we bring you this recipe with which you can prepare a Tex-Mex chicken fajita bowl.
- 1 red onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 75g butter
- 650g boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. Tex-Mex spice mix
- 275g romaine lettuce
- 150g melting cheese
- 2 avocados
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 4g fresh coriander
- salt and ground black pepper
- 225ml sour cream
Preparation of the chicken fajita bowl
- Prepare the garnishes: chop the lettuce, tomatoes and avocados. Set aside.
- Cut the onion and green bell pepper into very thin slices.
- On another board, and with another knife, cut the chicken into small, thin pieces.
- Fry the chicken in butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. When the chicken is almost done, add the onion, bell bell pepper and Tex-Mex spice mix.
- Lower the heat and continue frying the mixture while stirring for a couple of minutes more, so the chicken is cooked through.
- Place the lettuce in a bowl, top with the chicken, onion and bell pepper. Then add the grated cheese, avocado and chopped cherry tomatoes on top and garnish with fresh cilantro. Optionally, you can also add a spoonful of sour cream on top.
And now we have our chicken fajita bowl ready! What did you think of the recipe? Dare to prepare it and share the results with us at social networks tagging us or using the hashtag #recetaPlameca, so we can share them with the rest of our followers. Enjoy!