Fancy a good lemon ice cream? Nothing like preparing it yourself to enjoy it like never before.
Lemon is one of the most versatile citrus fruits. In summer it acquires a special prominence and it is not surprising, since its flavor is one of the most demanded for ice creams and refreshing drinks. Today we present this lemon ice cream recipe with which you will be able to fight the heat with pleasure.
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 3 eggs
- 75 ml (50g) erythrol
- 425 ml whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon yellow food coloring (optional)
- Wash the lemon with warm water. Finely grate the outer skin (peel) and then squeeze the juice and set aside.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the egg whites until stiff and, in another bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sweetener until light and fluffy. Then add the lemon juice and a few drops of yellow food coloring (optional). Carefully fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Whip cream in a large bowl until frothy. Fold the egg mixture into the cream.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze (according to manufacturer's instructions). If not, place the bowl in the freezer and stir well every 30 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency (up to two hours). If frozen, let it stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.
Prepare this delicious recipe and share the results with us at social networks tagging us or using the hashtag #recetaPlameca, so we can share them with the rest of our followers. Enjoy!