In summer we don't feel like locking ourselves in the kitchen to prepare elaborate dishes. We prefer easy recipes, fresh and light dishes. This is also the opinion of M. José Grandeour dietetic and nutrition consultant, master chef Plan 21 and expert in healthy and fun recipes. Today we propose a dish full of vitamins, low in calories, easy, fresh and light: apple salmorejo.
Ingredients for four people
- 500 gr of ripe tomatoes.
- 250 gr of golden apples.
- 1 clove of garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- 2 hard boiled eggs.
- 100 gr of Serrano ham.
Preparation of apple salmorejo
- Wash and chop the tomatoes.
- Peel the apples, remove the core and cut them into small pieces.
- Put the chopped tomatoes and apples in a bowl, along with a clove of garlic and a little salt.
- Blend everything until you obtain a cream. Add the oil and vinegar and blend again.
- We rectify the salt and pass the cream through a potato masher to make it thinner.
- Finally, the dish should be left to cool. The apple salmorejo served very fresh and accompanied by serrano ham and chopped hard-boiled egg.
The apple salmorejo can serve as a first course for lunch, as long as we have meat or fish as a second course (in no case a pasta dish or a dish rich in carbohydrates). It can also be a delicious main course for dinner, so let us know if you like it!