Meatloaf is one of those homemade recipes that never fails to please young and old alike. Discover below how to prepare it step by step.
Ingredients for the dough
- 100 gr ground almonds
- 35 gr of sesame seeds
- 30 gr coconut flour
- 8 grams of ground psyllium husk or ground linseed
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of olive or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of water
Ingredients for coating
- 225 gr of cottage cheese
- 200 g grated cheese
Ingredients for the filling
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 550 gr of ground beef or ground lamb meat
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoon tomato concentrate
- 125 ml of water
Preparation of meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 175ºC
- Fry the onion and garlic in butter or oil over medium heat until the onion is soft. Add the ground beef and continue frying. Add oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomato paste and water. Reduce over low heat for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the dough. Combine all the dough ingredients in a food processor or with a fork for a few minutes until the dough becomes a ball.
- Place a round piece of baking paper in a springform pan. Spread the dough in the pan up to the edges using a spatula or greased fingers. Once the dough is shaped like a mold, prick the bottom with a fork.
- Pre-bake the dough for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the meat inside the dough. Mix the ricotta and grated cheese and spread a layer on top of the pie.
- Bake on the lower rack for 30-40 minutes until the cake is golden brown.
And now we have the meatloaf ready! What did you think of the recipe? Dare to prepare it and share the results with us at social networks tagging us or using the hashtag #recetaPlameca, so we can share them with the rest of our followers. Enjoy!